Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! 
Sorry, I don't have much time this week, so this letter might be a bit short...here we go!
This week Sister McIver had me start leading lessons and everything else. It was really hard at first, especially with the language, but I know it's for my own good. We taught Samuel Lobitana. His wife wants to go to the temple so badly, but he just doesn't have the desire to come to church. We were trying our best to ask inspired questions to find out his underlying concern, but we ended up having to end our lesson early because his relatives wouldn't stop talking and the Spirit just didn't feel present anymore. :( BUT! We must have done or said something to bring the Spirit for a little bit, because he came to church on Sunday! yay!! Oh, i was SO happy! That night we taught Marjolet and Doug. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and when we were talking about kingdoms, before we even talked about the celestial kingdom, she whispered to Doug, "Celestial Kingdom" with a big smile on her face. I can just see in their faces how much they want to be a forever family and they just know how important it is! I love it. They are definitely a highlight of my day to visit and teach. :) 

Thursday we had a follow up training...I was able to see everyone from my batch except Elder Winward. Oh, it was so good to see everyone! They are all doing so well. I love our trainings because they always motivate me to do better and do more. Later we taught Lucia about tithing (she is a less active) and she went on to tell us how paying tithing has helped her. I'm still struggling with the language a bit, so i didn't fully get what she said, but I could feel the Spirit anyway as she bore testimony of how tithing has helped her. :) 

Saturday we visited Sister Suarez. She's an older sister and can't see to read so we read the introduction of the Book of Mormon with her and discussed it with her. She is so sweet and wants to be able to read it so badly, so I'm glad we're able to help her at least listen. :) That night we had ward FHE which was super fun. We gave the lesson about John Tanner and Marjolet's friend came! She is now our new investigator. :) Marjolet is already being a missionary! It's so great. :) 

Sunday, our investigator Mansuito came to church! I was so excited because he's the first investigator that I've started with from the beginning, to come to church! He's in his 60's and so sweet. :) He told us he thought Priesthood was fun, so I'm glad the members were able to fellowship him. :)
Anyway, sorry for the short letter this week! Just know I love you all! Happy birthday to Grandpa Warburton on the 3rd! 
Thanks for all the prayers and support!

Love, 
Sister Dixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment