Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Bacolod Airport--I'm leaving on a jet plane...

For the past 18 months, I have visited President Lopez's Facebook page and have viewed thousands of photos of missionaries for whom he has stewardship. The photos are wonderful depictions of young men and young women who love one another and love whom they are serving.  These faithful missionaries are truly disciples of Jesus Christ, and their photos have been heart-warming and inspirational. I have to admit, that some of my favorite photos, are the ones of the departing missionaries. It is very tender that this time, the departing photos include our own sweet daughter.

These few photos were taken at the Bacolod Airport--the first of  4 airports Jessica will utilize as she makes her 7,500 mile journey home. Home. That is a sentimental word with many meanings. She is leaving her Philippine home and coming to her American home. We will be waiting with open arms.

Her arrival is better than winning the lottery, well, I have never won the lottery, but I am pretty sure this is better!!!!  

Her last photos from the Philippines...

Departing missionaries with President and Sister Lopez.

Departing missionaries with the Senior Elders and Sisters

Unloading luggage



I think she only has one suitcase..how did she manage that? :)

Getting organized!

Seeing this smile in person just might be more than I can handle!


Last night the departing missionaries were able to do a session in the Manila Temple. Jessica's dear trainer and friend, was able to attend with her, and she sent this photo to me this morning.
Thanks, Sister Canimo. We love you to the moon and back! :)

You know, it all boils down to this:

"As I have loved you, love one another.
This new commandment, love one another.
By this shall men know, ye are my disciples.
If ye have love, one to another".

See you soon, Sister Dixon.
Welcome Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment