Monday, September 23, 2013

Brownout!

We received this from Jessica at 1:37 a.m ( I may or may not have been somewhat awake worrying about her). This would have been 3:37 pm her time!

Hello Everyone--
"So sorry!! Right as I was literally moving the mouse to send there was a brownout!! I slightly freaked out cuz I knew there wasn't a way to tell you and I knew you’d probably be freaking out.  (I (MOM) wasn't freaking out--just moderately worried is all--she knows me too well)!

And then, when I came back to send it later in the day when there wasn't a brownout anymore, I found out my email didn't save. It was a long one too! 


This mission really is teaching me a lot patience. I'll try writing a handwritten letter of what happened this week. But I still have to do laundry, so we'll see. At least I got to send you an email to let you know I'm okay.


 Love you all!! xoxo"

We did see some photos on Facebook this week from her Ward Missionary Page and from her Mission President. So, we know she had Family Home Evening with a family in the ward and that she attended Zone Conference. Feeling blessed that we at least received these this week.

I can just hear that laugh! Love it!!
Go Sister Dixon

Looks like lots of yummy food


Looks like Family Home Evening is fun in the Philippines!


Zone Conference--leading the singing

What beautiful Sisters!!

We also received a hand-written letter this week! A scripture she suggested that we read is John 14:27 which says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  She said that scripture has given her a lot of comfort to know that Heavenly Father is there for us every step of the way and He has a perfect plan for each of us.
(Brownouts included, I guess)!!

Have a great week everyone, and we will hope to post a letter next week!  Thanks for your continued prayers and love for our sweet missionary. We love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment